stressed? what me? why in the world would i be stressed? everything here is fantastic! haven't quite had a chance yet to start packing, my morning has been filled with running errands. and technically the laundry isn't put away yet, and that comes before packing, so there will be clothes to put in suitcases. and right now i have to sit here and feed my fishie babe lunch.
so i figured i'd do a quick little post about how light and breezy i'm feeling. but just in case you're not feeling as serene as i am, i want to leave you with a little recipe i picked up a long time ago. it really helps me out in times of stress. if you're feeling a little overwhelmed or down and out, try making it and see if it doesn't give you the pick up you oh so desperately need....
5 minute chocolate mug cake
1 large mug
4 Tbsp. flour
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 large egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
1/4 cup chocolate chips (plus some extra for sprinkling on top when it comes out of the microwave)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1. Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
2. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
4. Add the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and vanilla extract, and mix again.
5. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed! Remove from microwave and sprinkle top of cake with chocolate chips.
6. Allow to cool a little, and then dig in!
a few quick little notes about the recipe. first, i didn't not create it, i found it many months ago on a blog and copy/pasted into a word doc. i have a whole recipe folder saved on my computer, filled with things just begging to be made. anyway, ditz that i am, i forgot to save where i found said recipe, so if anybody recognizes it, please let me know because i'd love to give credit where credit is due. second is that the title is a little misleading, because i've never been able to make this recipe in only five minutes, it usually takes me closer to ten. though i keep making it in order to try and get my time down. it's a sacrifice i'm willing to make.