quote

my quote of the moment: "if you can attain repose and calm, believe that you have seized happiness." ~julie-jeanne-eleonore de lespinasse

March 8, 2012

just a few of my favorite things: food edition

there are a lot of times where things go wrong. it's a fact of everyone's life. unexpected badness or the worst possible outcome or impossibly awful choices. life sucks sometimes.

and when that happens to me, i have to still deal. with crazy little monkeys to look after, hiding in my room listening to angsty music so loud that my ears bleed while living in my pjs for days on end isn't exactly an option anymore. oh to be young and stupid again.

instead, if i'm in a real funk and can't get out, i turn my mind to happy thoughts. and more often than not, those happy thoughts are food related. today, i'd thought i'd share some of the food that makes my mouth smile and water.

chocolate
cinnamon
lemons
brown sugar
chocolate cake
caramel
onions
garlic
cumin
thyme
balsamic vinegar
rare steak
sea salt
coffee
milk
bacon
eggs
fresh baked bread
couscous
rice
coconuts
bananas
cinnamon rolls
sour cream
hash browns
nachos
cheese steaks
lemonade
soft pretzels
flavored cream cheese

i know this is kind of a random list. and most of them are just ingredients, but then my happy thoughts also include creating new recipes in my imagination. they might be simple things, but they make me happy with all of their possibilities and unlocked potentials. and that's definitely a happy thought that helps get me through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment